Revised: May 1, 2023
- A. Information We Collect or Receive From You
- B. What We Do with Your Information
- D. Managing the Information You Share with Us
- E. Your Rights
- F. Protecting Your Information
- G. Children’s Privacy
- H. Notice to California Residents
- I. Rights of California Consumers
- J. Notice for European Economic Area and United Kingdom
- K. Nevada Residents
- L. Data Retention
INFORMATION WE COLLECT OR RECEIVE FROM YOU
We collect information from you on this Site to provide a meaningful, safe, efficient, and customized experience. We use this information to:
- make it easier for you to use this Site,
- providing you with our services, such as allowing you to create an account and order products on this Site,
- communicate with you about your orders, technical support, billing and payment,
- verify your identity when you make a purchase on our Site,
- help you more quickly find information on Treslúce Beauty's products and services,
- provide targeted online marketing for the Site,
- create content on this Site that's more relevant to you,
- address any administrative or legal issues pertaining to us, such as complying with legal obligations and defending against legal claims or disputes, and
- alert you to new products, services and special offers that might specifically interest you.
- Information You Provide.
- When You Create an Account. When you create an account you must choose a username and password. Your username may be visible to other visitors to the Site, so please choose carefully. You also must provide a valid email address. We use your email to communicate with you about our Site and your registration.
When You Order from Us. If you order products from the Site, your name, shipping address, and email address will be shared with our third-party service providers for billing purposes, to fulfill your orders, and to communicate with you about your orders.
We collect your credit card information through our Site using the Shopify platform. Shopify is PCI DSS Level 1 compliance, which is highest level of compliance available for credit card processing. No credit card information is retained in Treslúce Beauty's own systems. Your credit card information is not exposed anywhere in our own systems or to our employees. Please do not send your credit card information to our team directly, for example by sending this information to a customer care representative. Please only use our secure, online system to enter your credit card information.
- When You Request Information from Us. If you want us to notify you regarding particular products or special offers, contact us through Customer Care, or if you sign up for our emails or SMS (text) messages, you'll need to give us your email address or mobile number. We use them to honor your requests, whether that's emailing or texting you information about certain products or emailing or texting you to tell you about special offers. You may choose to opt out of receiving these type of marketing messages at any time by clicking on the appropriate link at the bottom of the email you receive or by texting “STOP” to cancel the text message you receive.
- When You Post Product Reviews. We use this content to share your experience about our products with other customers.
- When you enter contests or giveaways on our Site, social media platforms or in person, we collect and process information that is necessary to perform our contract with you and allow you to participate in contests and promotions offered or sponsored by Treslúce, our co-marketing partners, and sponsors. This includes your personal identifiers (such as your name and email address). Your personal information may be shared with our co-marketing partners and sponsors to allow them to fulfil their contest obligations and for subsequent marketing offers and resources, newsletters and other company updates, in accordance with your marketing preferences.
Public information you post on the Site. Information you post publicly on our Site is intended for public consumption. Please be aware that your username and profile image will be publicly displayed whenever you post a comment or review. In addition, postings you make on our Site may appear when Internet users execute searches on the subject of your posting. If you do not want this information to be displayed, you may terminate your account at any time. Please note that if you are a minor, living in California, you should not be using the Site without permission from your parent or guardian, however, if you have posted information publicly that you cannot remove yourself, you have the right to request it be hidden from public view. If you wish to have this information removed, please email us at help@treslúcebeauty.com and request removal. We may request additional information from you in order to complete your request.
Site visitors may be able to identify you or associate you with your Treslúce Beauty account if you include personal information in your account profile or in any content you post. We cannot control who reads your postings or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so we encourage you to exercise discretion and caution with respect to your personal information.
You can reduce the risk of being personally identified by choosing a username and profile image that do not identify you and by taking care to exclude any personal information in your comments, reviews, looks, or videos. You can change your username and profile picture at any time by logging into your account.
Public information you post on other sites. We also may collect information you post publicly on third-party sites. For example, we may retweet comments or images you post publicly on Twitter and re-post them on our Twitter feed. You can always have us remove the information from our Twitter account by emailing us at help@treslúcebeauty.com.
- When You Connect to Us with a Third-Party Service. You can connect to your Treslúce Beauty account using external third-party services. The Site collects personal information about you from your social media accounts, but only if you opt-in and permit us to do so. When you connect to us through a third-party service like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok and Instagram, we receive information from that third party identifying your account. We collect and store this information and use it to help you connect to our Site and to share your public content. Connecting your Treslúce Beauty account to a third-party service is completely optional, and you will have the opportunity to grant permission when you attempt to connect. You can revoke permission by logging into the third-party service and disconnecting the Treslúce Beauty application from there, and through the native applications on your smart phone. We may retain the information we collected previously from you.
- When You Opt-In to Receive Text Messages. When you opt into SMS messages you provide your express written consent for Treslúce to contact you through the phone number you provide. When you opt-in to SMS Messaging Services, we will send you an SMS message to confirm your signup. Message frequency varies. You may cancel the SMS Service at any time. Reply “STOP” to cancel and “HELP” for assistance. The SMS Messaging Service is provided by participating third-party mobile phone/wireless carriers. Message and data rates may apply. If you have any questions regarding your text or data plan, please contact your mobile phone/wireless carrier. Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- Information We Automatically Collect or Receive.
- Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser or device when you visit the Site. This information includes your IP address, device ID, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us, and the referring site address. This information also includes your operating system or application, your location, and your activities voluntarily submitted to us (for example, your email address).
- Other Information We Receive About You.
As you might expect, we usually collect or receive information through our Site. But we also may collect information offline, and it's important to us that we preserve the privacy of your personal information both online and off. For example, if you contact us to place an order, we ask for the shipping address needed to place that order. We try to treat offline information collection, uses, and disclosures consistently with our online privacy practices.
B. WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION
Information we collect from you may be either personal or aggregate. Personal information is identifiable to you, like your name, email address, shipping and billing addresses, credit card information, and phone number. If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or the United Kingdom (“UK”), “personal information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual. Aggregate information is summary data of the behaviors and interests of groups or categories, so it won't identify you.
- Aggregate Information. We use aggregate information for the purposes of internal business research, sales and business development. We may share aggregated information about our visitor and user base with third parties such as our advertising partners. This information may include the number of daily visitors to our Site and the number of orders placed on a certain date. We do not link aggregated data with our customers' personal information.
- Personal Information. Except for Treslúce Beauty parent and affiliated companies, we do not sell, rent, trade, license, or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties, except in these limited circumstances:
- Disclosures to Treslúce Beauty Agents, Consultants and Related Third Parties. Like most Internet retailers, we use third parties to help ensure our business runs smoothly. We disclose your information to these third-party companies so they can perform their specific functions for us. For example, we may provide your name, shipping address, email and phone number to third-party shippers like the U.S. Postal Service and the United Parcel Service to deliver our products to you. Your credit card information is processed through Shopify to help us process your orders from us. Treslúce Beauty's third-party vendors may recognize a tracking code used by your browser or application to enable you to receive customized content, or to enable you to use other technologies such as tags and scripts. The tracking code may reflect de-identified demographic or other data linked to you. When we employ other companies to perform functions of this nature, we only disclose the information that they need to perform their requested function. We do not authorize them to retain, share, store, or use personal information provided by us for any other purpose.
- Disclosures Required by Law or Otherwise. We may disclose your personal information if we believe, in good faith, that it's necessary to: (1) comply with a legal obligation such as in response to a court order or subpoena; (2) protect the safety of other customers or the public; (3) protect against legal liability; or (4) protect and defend Treslúce Beauty's rights or property.
- Disclosures through Social Media. Remember that you control the privacy settings on each of your social media platforms. We allow you to share information from the Site to social media. In order for this to happen you first must opt-in. You can revoke permission to do this by logging into the social media service and disconnecting the Treslúce Beauty application from there.
- Disclosure to Affiliates. Affiliates are companies that are owned or controlled by our parent company. We may share your personal information with our Affiliates in order to bring new product offerings to you.
- Third-Party Marketing. Occasionally, we may share personal information about you with third parties including:
- to other users: We may provide our users with the ability to interact among themselves via user forums or discussion threads that allow users of the Sites to share information or exchange products among other users. You should be aware that any information you provide on these forum and discussion threads - including profile information associated with the account you use to post the information - may be read, collected, and used by any member of the public who accesses the Sites. Your posts and certain profile information may remain even after you terminate your account. We urge you to consider the sensitivity of any information you input into these forums and discussion threads. To request removal of your information from publicly accessible websites operated by us, please contact us as provided below. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your information, in which case we will let you know if We are unable to and why;
- to our advertising partners: We may partner with third party advertising networks, exchanges and Social Networking Services (like Facebook) to display advertising on our Sites or to manage and service advertising on other sites and we may share personal information with them for this purpose;
- to third parties providing search results and links (including paid listings and links);
- third party marketers: We may disclose your personal information to third party marketing cooperatives to enhance our marketing efforts and to offer new products and services to you; and
- to any other person or entity with your consent to the disclosure.
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks: We use personal information, such as your personal identifiers (including your name and contact details), financial information (including your payment details), and commercial information (such as your purchase history and tendencies) to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, Treslúce, and others and we rely on our and third parties' legitimate interest in promoting the safety of our Site and in protecting our rights and the rights of others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks. Where we need your consent to collect and use your personal information under applicable data protection laws, we will ask for this at the relevant time and make clear the purposes to which you are consenting.
We use a variety of technologies to help us understand how you use treslucebeauty.com and our services so that we can provide you with a better experience. When you visit our Site, your information is automatically tracked by certain identifiers described below.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. Some cookies are strictly necessary to make our Site available to you; for example, to perform your login functionality and for user authentication and security. We cannot provide you with the Site without this type of cookies.
- Functional cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our Site. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by your name and remember your account preferences.
- Marketing cookies. These are used to provide customized advertisements, content and information to you on our Site and other websites. We use third party marketing cookie providers, including Google Ads and Facebook, to help us tailor your advertisements.
MANAGING THE INFORMATION YOU SHARE WITH US
- Log Into Your Account. You can change the personal information you provide to us by logging into your Treslúce Beauty account and making the appropriate changes.
- Opt-Out. You can always "opt-out" of receiving marketing or promotion communications. At your request, we will stop sending you certain emails or even deactivate your account to prevent any future purchases through it. You can submit these requests at any time by contacting help@treslúcebeauty.com.
- Deleting Your Account. You can cancel or delete your account anytime by logging into your account and following the steps to delete your account. Please note that by deleting your account, we will no longer have any information about you, including your order history or any contact you may have had with our customer care team. If You need help with deleting your Treslúce Beauty account, contact help@treslúcebeauty.com.
In addition to the choices described above, the laws of your jurisdiction (including Colorado, Virginia, Connecticut, and Utah) may provide you with certain rights as to your personal information. Applicable law may permit you to request that we:
- Confirm whether or not we are processing your personal information and provide you with access to such personal information;
- Correct inaccuracies in your personal information, taking into account the nature of the personal information and the purposes of the processing of the personal information;
- Delete your personal information;
- Provide you a copy of personal information that you previously provided to us in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, readily usable format that allows you to transmit the data to another business, where our processing is carried out by automated means; and
- Opt you out of the processing of the personal information for purposes of targeted advertising, the sale of personal information, or profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects concerning you.
Certain information may be exempt from such requests under applicable law. We need certain types of information so that we can provide the Service to you. If you ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use the Service.
If would like to exercise any of these rights, please submit a request at or by calling, toll free 1-855-661-0018. Please be aware that we do not accept or process requests through other means (e.g., via fax, social media, email addresses, etc.).
You will be required to verify your identity before we fulfill your request. To do so, you will need to provide the information identified in the webform or as otherwise directed by us.
Treslúce may use your personal information to send you targeted advertising. Targeted advertising (as defined in applicable law) is advertising based on a consumer’s personal information obtained from the consumer’s activity across websites to predict the consumer’s preferences or interests. To opt out of targeted advertising, please visit this link: .
If we deny your request to exercise any of the rights above, you may appeal that denial by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org describing in detail why you believe the denial was in error. Your description must include your full name and the email addressed used for your account with Treslúce Beauty along with a copy of the denial notice you received from Treslúce.
- PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
At Treslúce Beauty, we take data security seriously. We use industry standard technical, physical and administrative safeguards to secure our customers’ data. We restrict access to your personal information to only those Treslúce Beauty employees who need it to perform a specific job function. And we require all Treslúce Beauty employees with access to your personal information to follow specific security protocols concerning its proper handling. We also hold our vendors who need access to your personal information to strict confidentiality and security requirements. Third-party service providers assist us with the physical security of some of our computer hardware.
But please remember, while we use industry-standard security measures to safeguard your personal information, we can't guarantee absolute security. We wish we could, but 100% security just doesn't exist anywhere online or off. We recommend that you do your part by keeping your passwords secure, changing them often and not using the same password across multiple accounts.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS –YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you’re a California resident, the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires us to disclose information regarding the categories of personal information and sensitive personal information that we have collected about California consumers, the categories of sources from which the information was collected, the business or commercial purposes (as those terms are defined by applicable law) for which the information was collected, and the categories of parties to whom we disclose personal information.
Throughout this Policy, we describe the specific pieces of personal information and sensitive personal information we collect, the sources of that information, and how we share it. Under the CCPA, we also have to provide you with the "categories" of personal information and sensitive personal information we collect and disclose for “business or commercial purposes” (as those terms are defined by applicable law). The categories of personal information are identifiers (such as name, address, and email address); commercial information (such as transaction data); financial data (such as credit card and other financial account information); internet or other network or device activity (such as IP address); geolocation information; inference data about you; physical characteristics or description (such as when you complete our beauty quiz); audio and visual information (such as when you call into customer service), legally protected classifications (such as your gender), and other information that identifies or can be reasonably associated with you. The categories of sensitive personal information are account log-in and password or other credentials allowing access to your account, and precise geolocation.
We or our service providers collect and disclose the above categories of personal information for the purposes described in our Policy. This includes the following business and commercial purposes (as those terms are defined in applicable law):
- Provide the Services (e.g., account servicing and maintenance, order processing and fulfillment, customer service, advertising and marketing, analytics, and communication about the Service);
- Operational purposes (e.g. to enable and troubleshoot our Service);
- Auditing consumer interactions on our site (e.g., measuring ad impressions);
- Detecting, protecting against, and prosecuting security incidents and fraudulent or illegal activity;
- Bug detection, error reporting, and activities to maintain the quality or safety of our Service;
- Short-term, transient use, such as customizing content that we or our service providers display on the Service;
- Improving our existing Services and developing new services (e.g., by conducting research to develop new products or features);
- Other uses that advance our commercial or economic interests, such as third-party advertising and communicating with you about relevant offers from third-party partners;
- Other uses about which we notify you.
We collect the categories of personal information identified above from the following sources: (1) directly from you; (2) through your use of the Services; (3) affiliates; and (4) third parties such as other users and social networks.
We describe our information disclosure practices in the Policy above. We may disclose certain categories of personal information to third parties (as defined by the CCPA) for the business purposes described above. For example, we may disclose identifiers (such as name, address, and email address) with our Brand Partners so that they may fulfill your order and ship products directly to you and contact you about that product.
RIGHTS OF CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS
If you’re a California resident, you may have certain rights. California law may permit you to request that we:
- Provide you the categories of personal information we have collected or disclosed about you; the categories of sources of such information; the business or commercial purpose for collecting, “selling,” or “sharing” your personal information; the categories of third parties to whom we disclose or “sell,” or with whom we “share,” personal information; and the categories of personal information we “sell.”
- Provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you.
- Delete certain information we have about you.
- Correct inaccurate personal information that we maintain about you.
You have the right to not be discriminated against (as provided for in applicable law) for exercising certain of your rights. Certain information may be exempt from such requests under applicable law. We need certain types of information so that we can provide the Service to you. If you ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use the Service.
If would like to exercise any of these rights, please submit a request at or by calling, toll free 1-855-661-0018. Please be aware that we do not accept or process requests through other means (e.g., via fax, social media, email addresses, etc.).
You will be required to verify your identity before we fulfill your request. To do so, you will need to provide the information identified in the webform or as otherwise directed by us. You can also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. To do so, you must provide us with written authorization or a power of attorney, signed by you, for the agent to act on your behalf. You will still need to verify your identity directly with us.
The CCPA requires businesses that “sell” personal information, as the term “sell” is defined under the CCPA, to provide an opt-out from such sales. Some people have taken the position that when a website uses third parties’ cookies or similar technology for its own analytics or advertising purposes, the website is engaged in a “sale” under the CCPA if the third parties have some ability to use, disclose or retain the data to improve their service or to take steps beyond the most narrowly drawn bounds of merely providing their service to the website/app. Some take this position even when the website pays the third party (not vice versa), and in most cases merely provides the third party with an opportunity to collect data directly, instead of providing personal information to the third party. As part of these analytics and advertising services, these technologies may access identifiers (like IP addresses), internet or other electronic network activity information (like information regarding an individual’s browsing interactions on our Site), and commercial information (like the fact that a browser visited a page directed to people who are considering purchase of beauty product) to those sorts of companies. While Treslúce does not believe these are “sales” as that term is defined under the CCPA, you can opt out of this activity. You can opt out of these activities by visiting this link: Do Not Sell Or Share My Personal Information.
The CCPA also requires businesses that "share“ personal information to provide an opt out from such sharing. Under the CCPA, ”sharing” is defined as the targeting of advertising to a consumer based on that consumer’s personal information obtained from the consumer’s activity across websites. We “share” information for these purposes to provide more relevant and tailored advertising to you regarding our Services. As part of this advertising, we may "share“ identifiers (like IP addresses and email addresses), internet or other electronic network activity information (like information regarding an individual’s browsing interactions on our Site), and commercial information (like the fact that a browser visited a page directed to people who are considering a beauty purchase) with advertising platforms and advertising networks. To opt out of such “sharing,” please visit this link: Do Not Sell Or Share My Personal Information
Any opt out preferences you have exercised through these methods will only apply to the specific device/browser on which you made them.
We do not knowingly “sell” or “share” the personal information of children under 16. We will only “sell” or “share” such personal information if we receive express consent to do so from those aged 13 to 16 years of age.
The CCPA also allows you to limit the use or disclosure of your “sensitive personal information” (as defined in the CCPA) if your sensitive personal information is used for certain purposes. Please note that we do not use or disclose sensitive personal information other than for purposes for which you cannot opt out under the CCPA.
Retention of Your Personal Information
Please see the “Data Retention” section below.
Notice of Financial Incentive
We may provide certain rewards from time to time or incentives for customers to provide product reviews, referring friends and contacts, and occasionally run sweepstakes and contests where participants may provide personal information in return for a chance to win or compete to win certain prizes. You can opt into the sweepstakes, or contest by taking the requested action. Your participation is completely voluntary, and you have a right to withdraw from these incentives at any time. If you decide you don’t want to participate in these financial incentives, you can refrain from taking the requested actions. For more information on sweepstakes and contests, see: treslucebeauty.com/pages/contest-terms .
The specific reward or incentive offered, if any, is made available to you when you provide the information requested, submit a review, or participate in a giveaway. The monetary value of the reward or incentive is a reasonable approximation of the monetary value of the information you provide us. We have arrived at this estimate based on consideration of multiple factors, including the following: (1) revenue generated by Treslúce in developing insights on our customers; and (2) our reasonable assessment of revenue we may generate as a result of the referrals provided to us by our customers.
Shine the Light
- NOTICE FOR EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA AND UNITED KINGDOM
- Our use of European Personal Information
If you are in the EEA or UK, we only process your personal information when we have a valid legal basis.
- Consent. We may use your personal information when you have given your consent to do so. For example, to send you marketing communications (unless you are an existing customer and we send you marketing for products similar to those you earlier purchased).
- Contractual necessity. We may use your personal information to perform our end of our contracts with you. For example, to ship a product to you which you have ordered from the Site.
- Legal obligation. We may use your personal information when we are legally required to. For example, to comply with tax and accounting obligations, or to comply with a court order.
- Legitimate interest. We may use your personal information when we, or a third party, have a legitimate interest in doing so. For example, we have a legitimate interest in understanding usage and improving the Site. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interest to process personal information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
- Cross-Border Data Transfers
The Site is hosted in the United States. If you use the Site from the EEA or UK, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of the EEA or UK to the United States for storage and processing.
- Your European Privacy Rights
If you are in the EEA or UK, you have the following additional rights:
- You may request access to and receive information about the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information, restrict or object to the processing of your personal information, have the information anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, and exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your personal information to another company. In addition, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work, or where an alleged incident took place.
- You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us regarding the processing of your Personal Information, at any time, and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdrew your consent.
Before meeting your request, we may ask you to provide reasonable information to verify your identity. Please note that there are exceptions and limitations to each of these rights, and that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain information for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
You may exercise these rights by contacting us via email at email@example.com or by completing this form.
Nevada consumers may opt out of the sale of “personally identifiable information” for monetary consideration. “Personally identifiable information” includes first and last name, address, email address, phone number, Social Security Number, or an identifier that allows a specific person to be contacted either physically or online. We do not engage in such activity; however, if you are a Nevada resident who has purchased or leased goods or services from us, you may submit a request to opt out of any potential future sales under Nevada law by clicking here. Please note we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity and the authenticity of the request. Once verified, we will maintain your request in the event our practices change.
- DATA RETENTION
You may make changes to your personal data at any time by logging on to your account. If you would like to request information about your personal data or would like to delete your personal data, you may do so by logging on to your account and going to Account/Profile. Please note that Treslúce may need to retain limited information about you in order to fulfill any order requests made by you, for litigation purposes or to fulfill other legal or regulatory obligations.